Akaki Kality Sub-City Administration
Area: 118.08 sq.km
Female : 99,715
Population density per sq. m: 1,653.7
No. of Weredas: 11
Powers and functions of the sub-city
The sub-city shall:
- Carry out municipal functions within the bounds of the physical space located for it in accordance with the principle of decentralization and in conjunction with the center of the city.
- Administer the Weredas under its jurisdiction
- Ensures the observance of law and order
The Sub-City Council
Being accountable to the sub-city residents and the City Council, the sub-city council shall:-
- Endorse the sub-city's socio-economic development as well as municipal services plans.
- elect the Speaker , Deputy Speaker and Secretary of the Council from council members of the sub- city.
- elects the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive of the sub-city from council members appointed by the political party with the majority of seats.
- endorse the appointment of the sub-city's standing committee members nominated by the Chief Executive of the sub-city.
- reallocates budget which has been allocated to it by the City Council.
- establishes committees of the sub-city council.
- receives from the Chief Executive of the sub-city and endorse annual and periodic reports.
- issues directive by which the activities of the sub-city council would be led.
Factories and Industrial Plants
Leatger Products technology Institute, Thermo Plastic Industry, Nile Coffee Exports, Hashko Plastics and Shoe Factory, Gelan Metal works Industry, Addis Tires, Adwa Milling, Akaki Garment Factory, Akaki Textile Factory, Alfubek Alumunium amd Metal Works