Arada Sub-city Administration
Area: 9.9 sq.km
Population density per sq. m: 22,805.1
No. of Weredas: 10
Location: 4 Kilo, In front of Menilik II Preparatory School
Powers and functions of the sub-city
The sub-city shall:
- Carry out municipal functions within the bounds of the physical space located for it in accordance with the principle of decentralization and in conjunction with the center of the city.
- Administer the Weredas under its jurisdiction
- Ensures the observance of law and order
The Sub-City Council
Being accountable to the sub-city residents and the City Council, the sub-city council shall:
- Endorse the sub-city's socio-economic development as well as municipal services plans.
- Elect the Speaker , Deputy Speaker and Secretary of the Council from council members of the sub- city.
- Elect the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive of the sub-city from council members appointed by the political party with the majority of seats.
- Endorse the appointment of the sub-city's standing committee members nominated by the Chief Executive of the sub-city.
- Reallocates budget which has been allocated to it by the City Council.
- Establishes committees of the sub-city council.
- Receives from the Chief Executive of the sub-city and endorse annual and periodic reports.
- Issues directive by which the activities of the sub-city council would be led.
The National Museum of Ethiopia, The Zoological Natural History Museum, The Ethiopian National Postal Museum, Saint George Cathedral Museum, The Trinity Cathedral Museum
The Equestrian Statue of Emperor Minilik II , Freedom Monument, The Monument of Martyrs, Statue of His Holiness Abune Petros, Sebastopol Canon of Emperor Theodros
Hager Fikir Theatre, Addis Ababa Theatre and Culture Hall
Itege Taitu Hotel, Sheraton Addis, Harambe Hotel, Hotel Soramba, Addis View Hotel Age old Churches and Mosques Mekane Sillasie Bealwold, Genete Tsige Kidus Giyorgis Church