Addis Ketema Sub-city Administration
Area : 7.41 sq.km
Population : 271,644
Male : 132,825
Female : 138,819
Population density per sq. m: 36,659.1
No. of Weredas : 10
Location: Mesalemya area
Powers and functions of the sub-city
The sub-city shall:
- Carry out municipal functions within the bounds of the physical space located for it in accordance with the principle of decentralization and in conjunction with the center of the city.
- Administer the Weredas under its jurisdiction
- Ensures the observance of law and order
The Sub-City Council Being accountable to the sub-city residents and the City Council, the sub-city council shall:-
- Endorse the sub-city's socio-economic development as well as municipal services plans.
- elect the Speaker , Deputy Speaker and Secretary of the Council from council members of the sub- city.
- elect the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive of the sub-city from council members appointed by the political party with the majority of seats.
- endorse the appointment of the sub-city's standing committee members nominated by the Chief Executive of the sub-city.
- reallocates budget which has been allocated to it by the City Council.
- establishes committees of the sub-city council.
- receives from the Chief Executive of the sub-city and endorse annual and periodic reports.
- issues directive by which the activities of the sub-city council would be led.
- Mercato Open Market
- Theatre Halls
- Ras Theatre
- Age old Churches and Mosques
- Debre Gelila Amanuel Church, Anwar Mosque