Ethiopia, UAE vow to move relations forward
October 3, 2017
Ethiopia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have agreed to bolster their relations.
Ethiopian Ambassador to the UAE, Abdelqader Resqu, on Saturady paid a courtesy visit to Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs of UAE.
Ethiopia has been registering rapid economic growth, the Ethiopian Ambassador said, adding the country wants to elevate its relations with UAE into a new high.
After recalling last year’s visit by the UAE delegation, he said Ethiopia wants investment from UAE in agriculture, animal husbandry, tourism and power development sectors.
Sheikh Mansour for his part commended the growing relations between the two countries, adding "UAE is keen to move these ties forward."
The Deputy Prime Minister also pledged to press on UAE investors to invest in Ethiopia, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia.
- Preserving values of Irrecha crucial, says participants
- Ethiopia, UAE vow to move relations forward
- Ethiopia unveils 10-year horticulture strategy
- PM Hailemariam sends condolences to President Trump over mass shooting in Las Vegas
- Power distribution station built with $10.8 mln goes operational
- Ethiopia presidency of UNSC successful, says MoFA
- Ethiopian Goes Fully Digital
- Wegagen Bank inaugurates $34.5 mln built headquartersWegagen Bank inaugurates $34.5 mln built headquarters
- Ministry said better performance attained to ensure women benefit, participation
- There is favorable situation for the youth to work and succeed in their country