Kirkos Sub-city Administration
Area: 14.62 sq.km
Population density per sq. m: 16,104
No. of Weredas: 11
Location: Kasanchis ,below Total Station
Powers and functions of the sub-city
The sub-city shall:
- Carry out municipal functions within the bounds of the physical space located for it in accordance with the principle of decentralization and in conjunction with the center of the city.
- Administer the Weredas under its jurisdiction
- Ensures the observance of law and order
The Sub-City Council
Being accountable to the sub-city residents and the City Council, the sub-city council shall:
- Endorse the sub-city's socio-economic development as well as municipal services plans.
- elect the Speaker , Deputy Speaker and Secretary of the Council from council members of the sub- city.
- elect the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive of the sub-city from council members appointed by the political party with the majority of seats.
- endorse the appointment of the sub-city's standing committee members nominated by the Chief Executive of the sub-city.
- reallocates budget which has been allocated to it by the City Council.
- establishes committees of the sub-city council.
- receives from the Chief Executive of the sub-city and endorse annual and periodic reports.
- issues directive by which the activities of the sub-city council would be led.
Addis Ababa Museum, Permanent Exhibition of the Ethiopian Tourism Commission
The Statue of the Lion of Judah; Statue, Red Terror Martyrs Memorial Museum
Jupiter International Hotel, Ghion Hotel, Intercontinental Hotel, Ras Hotel, Ethiopia Hotel
Age old Churches and Mosques
Debre Tsige Kidus Uraeal Church, Mekansemaetat Kidus Kirkos Church