Gulele Sub-city Administration
Area: 30.18 sq.km
Population density per sq. m: 9,438.9
No. of Weredas: 10
Location: In front of 3rd Police Station
Powers and functions of the sub-city
The sub-city shall:
- Carry out municipal functions within the bounds of the physical space located for it in accordance with the principle of decentralization and in conjunction with the center of the city.
- Administer the Weredas under its jurisdiction
- Ensures the observance of law and order
The Sub-City Council
Being accountable to the sub-city residents and the City Council, the sub-city council shall:
- a. Endorse the sub-city's socio-economic development as well as municipal services plans.
- b. elect the Speaker , Deputy Speaker and Secretary of the Council from council members of the sub- city.
- c. elect the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive of the sub-city from council members appointed by the political party with the majority of seats.
- d. endorse the appointment of the sub-city's standing committee members nominated by the Chief Executive of the sub-city.
- e. reallocates budget which has been allocated to it by the City Council.
- f. establishes committees of the sub-city council.
- g. receives from the Chief Executive of the sub-city and endorse annual and periodic reports.
- h. issues directive by which the activities of the sub-city council would be led.
- Hamle 19 Park,
- Korean Memorial Park
Age old Schools
Teferi Mekonnen School, Medhane Alem School
Age old Churches and Monasteries
M/Tsion Entoto Maryam Church
Educational institutions at Gulele Sub-City
|KG||Primary School||Secondary School||Preparatory||TVET||College||University|
Health institutions at the sub-city
|Health Center||Higher Clinic||Junior Clinic||Clinic||Hospital|
Moreover, there are also 13 orthodox, 12 Muslim, 12 Protestant, and 10 Catholic religion institutions.